RANDOM POSTS

domingo, 16 de novembro de 2014

How to Decoupage Plastic with Mod Podge #crafts #diyprojects #homerenovacion #remodeling #homeimprovement #renovation #diy @verefazer


Decoupaged Set

          Hi friends Thank you so much for the supportive comments about my blog tutorial post being copied.....it was such a  depressing incident but I think I have to jump right back into sharing and not let a handful of unsavory people affect me as there are so many wonderful people who drop in on my blog ,who take time to write encouraging comments and who mail me thanking me for the crafty tutorials.

This is a decoupaged Stationary Set with handmade roses

Plastic Decoupage
           My regular readers know that I love to make my own flowers and believe me roses are the toughest handmade flowers to make! Recently I  experimented at simplifying rose flower making and could make these paper roses!
Handmade roses
 Here is the link to making your own handmade roses: Easy Paper Rose tutorial ! And sharing a few tips on how to decoupage plastic material.
            If you are familiar with decoupage techniques you will know plastic is the most difficult surface to "mod podge" as it is so smooth and slippery ! If you want to know about Mod podge and all the little tricks and secrets on how to use it to decoupage read this post : Mod Podge Tips
decoupage plastic
Decoupage on plastic
          This was the plastic pen-stand I altered by decoupaging. 

Materials Required to Mod Podge Plastic 

  1. Decoupage glue : Mod Podge Matte - I prefer Mod podge to watered down Fevicol[PVA glue] as it has the perfect consistency and stickiness property!
  2. Tissue paper or Pattern Paper 
  3. Foam Brush or a plain brush - read more about brushes for  decoupage here : Mod Podge Tips
  4. Lots of Patience!
If you are a beginner at decoupaging the best starter project is a wooden object and MDF is the ideal material to Mod Podge! Attempt plastic only after you have got a hang of decoupaging techniques.The reason why plastic is difficult to decoupage is because its surface is non porous and your paper can keep sliding off! 

Tricks to Decoupage Plastic

  • Sandpaper it : To help decoupage an extremely smooth plastic surface  you can actually sand it with sandpaper to roughen it up a bit.I didn't have to do it in this project as my pen-stand was not too smooth .
plastic decoupage
How to decoupage plastic
  • Mod podge smaller bits at a time to avoid wrinkly decoupaged surfaces! Here I have cut my decoupage paper to size to line the inner and outer surfaces of the plastic pen-stand.Mod Podge curves by using small bits of paper
    Modpodge tips
    Decoupage tutorial 
  • Be very very patient - give enough time for your paper to stick to the base-coat of Mod podge before applying your top coat or your paper will just lift up and make you frustrated!
 Decoupaged Pen-stand
 A little bit of my plastic does show through but I think it adds to the charm of the final decoupaged object in this case!
decoupage tutorial
Decoupage
This was how my paper holder looked before I altered it ...the saying was cool but I think I prefer roses to "ear-less tribal head" any day...what do you say?Oh forgot to tell you...I also made the pearl swirl leaf on my paper rose
Handmade Roses
For  more inspiration on Mod Podge be sure to visit my friend Khadija [ whom I have also featured on this blog in this Guest Post ] ...her whole website is a treasure trove of Mod Podge projects
Also do tell me how you like my altered Stationary set

Supplies : Mod Podge, DCWV Decoupage Paper [Itsy Bitsy], Dies : Spellbinders Rose creations, Heartfelt creations leaf, Marianne leaf. Stamps : Heatfelt creations leaf. Inks : Distress Ink peeled paint , worn lipstick, Ranger Archival Ink Coffee

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Advertisement

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...